Have a question? We have answers! Click on a question below to view the answer. Don’t see the answer you are looking for? Click here to ask us your question.
- What is the date of Homecoming Weekend?
October 20-21, 2017
- Where can I find the schedule for Homecoming Weekend?
- Where can I register for Homecoming?
You can register online at edu/homecoming. Note- we will take phone registrations, but only in rare circumstances.
- Is registration required to attend Homecoming?
No, however it is strongly encouraged for Golden Grad events and most events the day of Homecoming.
- Where can I park the day of Homecoming?
Parking is open all across campus, including Starry Athletic Field, until midnight on 10/15. Due to construction on campus; however, optimal parking spaces will be limited. Guests are encouraged to park in lots WW, H, Rec Field #2 and the Pit. After midnight, you will need to obtain a visitor’s pass from Dispatch.
- Where do I go when I arrive?
We encourage all alumni and their families to check in at registration the day of Homecoming in the Eisenhower Campus Center. Here you can receive your nametag and schedule, pick up any tickets you may need and ask questions.
- Is there a cost to attend Homecoming?
There are only a few events that have a cost, including:
Golden Grad Luncheon $10/pp (Class of 1966 grads are free) Falcon Fun Run $10/no shirt & $15 w/shirt Live Color 5K $10/no shirt & $15 w/shirt Paint the Covered Bridge $10/pp Dining Plan $5-$10/pp (kids 3 and under are free)
- Can my children and family attend?
Absolutely! The more, the merrier.
- What is there for kids to do?
We have several events designed with the little ones in mind, including a Kid’s Craft Time, Earthkeepers Nature Walk, Instrument Petting Zoo, Children’s Book Reading and the Lil’ Falcon Zone.
- Where can I eat?
There will be several locations to get food on campus the day of Homecoming including the Union Café, The Falcon Café and the Lottie Nelson Dining Hall. For more information about menus, locations and hours, please click here.
This year, we are excited to continue the deeply discounted Homecoming Dining Plan that will allow you and your guests to enjoy our dining options on campus. While all dining facilities are open to guests throughout the weekend, our Homecoming Dining Plan will provide you with the best value (valid Oct. 21, 2017 only). Dining Plan coupons can be purchased in advance through our online registration (via Credit Card), or at the door (via Cash or Check).
- Lunch: $5/person (kids 3 and under free)
Includes lunch in Lottie and snack in Falcon/Union
- Dinner: $7/person (kids 3 and under free)
Includes dinner in Lottie and snack in Falcon/Union
- Lunch & Dinner: $10/person (kids 3 and under free)
Includes both meals in Lottie and two snacks in Falcon/Union
Several events include light refreshments or drinks. You are also welcome to grab food off campus at one of the many local restaurants.
- Lunch: $5/person (kids 3 and under free)
- What are the dining hours of operation?The Falcon: 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.Union Café: 10 a.m. – Midnight (Lunch Service begins at 11:00 a.m.)Café Diem: 10 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.Lottie Brunch: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.Lottie Dinner: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- What is the Falcon Fun Run and the Live Color Run?
This year, the Messiah Track and Field Team will be coordinating our annual Falcon Fun Run and Live Color Run. The cost of each race is $15/per person (with a t-shirt) or $10/per person (without a t-shirt). All proceeds will go towards Messiah’s Track and Field Team, as a fundraiser for their Spring Break service trip.
- The first race will be our Falcon Fun Run. This will be a normal, competitive 2-mile race on mostly wide trails that will show off the autumn beauty of Messiah’s campus. This race begins at 9:30 a.m.
- The second race will be our Live Color Run. This is a non-competative 2-mile run/walk, which includes color powder stations throughout the course, music, and more. This race begins at 10 a.m.
- Check-in/Registration for both events: The Starry Athletic Fields Complex (by the Falcon Hut)
- Each runner must check in to sign the Falcon Fun Run Waiver ORLive Color Run Waiver.
- What happens if it rains?
While most events are indoors and will not be affected by rain, we will be sure to post all weather related changes and updates to our Homecoming webpage, as well as our alumni Facebook page and Twitter accounts using #MessiahHomecoming.
- How can I share my Homecoming experience?
There are many ways you can share your Messiah College Homecoming experience:
- Real Time: Share your experience via social media through our alumni Facebook page and Twitter feed. We encourage you to use the hash tag #MessiahHomecoming.
- Photos: Share your photos after Homecoming through Facebook, Twitter, or by e-mailing them to us at email@example.com.
- Feedback: Share your feedback with us post Homecoming through e-mail, phone, or our online survey, which will be made available beginning October 23.
- Will the bookstore be open?
Yes, the bookstore will be open from 10am-4pm.